Does your London property need damp proofing?
There are a number of signs your home or business may be suffering from damp:
- Wetness or water marks on walls or ceilings
- Paintwork deteriorating or flaking off
- Skirting boards warping or flaking
- Wooden windowsills and frames rotting
- Black or white mould on walls and furniture
- Constantly cold and clammy rooms
- A musty smell in one or more rooms
- Moss growing on the outside of the building
- Excess condensation on windows
Any or all of theses symptoms could indicate you have a damp problem. It's essential to get the source of the damp sorted as soon as possible, to prevent further damage.
You could need help with:
What is the cause of these damp issues?
The primary cause of a damp home or office is water leaking into the building, or entering from outside.
Common sources of water ingress are:
- Broken or missing gutters and downpipes
- Cracked/damaged roofs or missing roof tiles
- Leaking water pipes or central heating
- Inadequate ventilation
- Faulty drainage systems
- damage to brickwork and pointing
Damp can affect old or new buildings, regardless of age and, if left untreated, can lead to permanent property damage.
What are the negative effects of damp?
If your property is showing any signs of damp you will be well aware how unattractive it looks but it often goes beyond just a visual problem. Persistent damp gives rise to mould, which can affect respiratory systems and contribute to conditions such as asthma.
If left untreated, damp can spread throughout your property, often causing structural damage, not forgetting a possible reduction in the value of your home.
How can London Damp Proofing help?
Our experienced damp proofing team can investigate and treat your damp issues. The cause(s) of any leaks can be rapidly identified and resolved, often with the application of cost effective treatments.
Where more serious property maintenance is required to protect your property, we will present you with an action plan, recommending the best options for you.